The practice of elder law encompasses a wide range of practice areas including:
- Understanding the difference between Medicare and Medicaid and how those differences affect each client.
- The potential issues involved in the transfer of assets as part of long-term health care planning, including a discussion of joint assets and exempt assets.
- A discussion of income cap issues and the preparation of an Income Cap Trust if necessary.
- Community spouse support.
- Guardianship and conservatorship issues –ppoint a designated legal representative for a person who has become incapable of representing himself. Click here for more information (link to secondary page on Guardianship and Conservatorship)